NRN Guidebook – Networks in Transition
The NRN Toolkit is an on-line resource that aims to address the information / guidance needs of network support units (NSUs), Managing Authorities (MAs) and other relevant NRN stakeholders for strengthening and enhancing EAFRD-financed rural networks.
The resources of the NRN Toolkit have been developed in close cooperation between ENRD and NRNs and evolved considerably over the years. In addition to the NRN Toolkit, ENRD aimed to support the work of NRNs and NSUs through other tools, methods and events, such as the Added Value of Networking web-source, the NRN Self-Assessment Toolkit and regular NRN meetings.
The ‘NRN Guidebook – Networks in Transition’ was developed at the end of the programming period of 2007-2013 and at the start of 2014-2020 with the aim to bring together in a ‘one-stop-shop’ and capitalise on all the relevant networking resources developed over the years. The NRN Guidebook particularly aims to help networks in their preparation and transition for the 2014-2020 programming period.
The Guidebook is written in a way that the individual chapters can also be read as stand-alone information sources depending on the interest of the reader. Therefore, in the table of contents that you see here below, it is possible to download the single chapters.
Table of content :
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. What are rural networks and networking ?
- 1.2 Rural networks in the 2007 - 2013 programming period
- 1.3. Rural networks in the 2014-2020 programming period
- 2. Setting up and starting a Network
- 2.1. Planning the Network and get going
- 2.2. NSU Ressource Planning
- 3. Managing the network
- 3.1. Collection and dissemination of project examples
- 3.2 Facilitating thematic and analytical exchanges between rural development stakeholders, sharing and disseminating of findings
- 3.3 Provision of training and network activities for Local Action Groups
- 3.4 Provision of networking for advisors and innovation support services
- 3.5 Sharing and disseminating Rural Development Programme monitoring and evaluation findings
- 3.6 Technical assistance for Transnational Cooperation (TNC) and inter-territorial cooperation
- 3.7 Preparation and implementation of a communication plan
- 3.8 Cooperation with ENRD, European Networks and other rural networks
- 4. NRN Self-assessment & Evaluation
- 4.1 Basic concepts and framework for NRN evaluation & self-assessment
- 4.2 NRN Monitoring & Evaluation
- 4.3 NRN Self-assessment
- 5. Demonstrating the Added Value of Networking
- 5.1 Identifying the added value of networking
- 5.2 Demonstrating network achievements